Top 30 BEST Gacha Games To Play In 2023
Gacha video game formula is nothing new in this day and age. It has evolved to the point that you will see gacha games ranging from Marvel games to Star Wars, JRPGs to animated RPG ones, and more. Of course, the mobile platform is the go-to one for gacha games and that is also one of the many reasons this video game genre has captured an excellent market in the video game industry. Our guide lists the 30 best gacha games players can experience in 2023.
|War of The Visions: Final Fantasy Brave Exvius||None||November 14, 2019||Square Enix||Android and iOS|
|Dragon Quest Tact||None||July 16, 2020||Aiming Inc.||Android and iOS|
|Illusion Connect||None||September 27, 2020||Superprism Technology||Android and iOS|
|Tom Clancy’s Elite Squad||None||August 25, 2020||Owlient||Android and iOS|
|Ni No Kuni: Cross Worlds||Google Play 2022 Award for Best Story||May 25, 2022||netmarbleNeo||Android, PC, and iOS|
|Another Eden||None||April 12, 2017||WFS, Inc.||Nintendo Switch, Android, PC, and iOS|
|The Alchemist Code||None||January 28, 2016||Studio gg2||Android and iOS|
|Tales of Crestoria||None||May 8, 2020||BNE Entertainment||Android and iOS|
|Pokemon Masters||None||August 28, 2019||DENA CO., LTD.||Android and iOS|
|Guardian Tales||Innovative Game of the Year||February 24, 2020||Kakao Games||Nintendo Switch, Android, and iOS|
|Kingdom of Heroes||None||September 20, 2021||Neowiz||Android|
|Exos Heroes||None||November 21, 2019||Oozoo Inc.||Android, PC, and iOS|
|Cookie Run: Kingdom||Pocket Gamer People’s Choice Crown||January 19, 2021||Devsisters||Android and iOS|
|Fire Emblem Heroes||Mobile Game of the Year||February 2, 2017||Nintendo and Intelligent Systems||Android and iOS|
|Epic Seven||None||August 30, 2018||Smilegate||Android and iOS|
|Live Date: Spirit Pledge||None||July 26, 2020||Hot Game Studio||Android|
|Awaken Chaos Era||None||January 17, 2022||Century Games||Android|
|Summoners War||None||June 12, 2014||Com2uS Studios||Android, iOS, and iPadOS|
|Bleach Brave Souls||None||January 15, 2016||KLab||PlayStation 4, Android, iOS, and PC|
|AFK Arena||None||September 4, 2019||Lilith Games||Android and iOS|
|Alchemy Stars||Best Game Changers Award||June 17, 2021||Tourdog Studio||Android and iOS|
|Dragalia Lost||None||September 27, 2018||Nintendo and Cygames||Android and iOS|
|Ark Knights||Best Innovative Games of 2020||May 1, 2019||HyperGryph||Android and iOS|
|Marvel Strike Force||None||March 28, 2018||Scopely and FoxNext||Android, iOS, and iPadOS|
|Raid: Shadow Legends||None||July 29, 2018||Plarium||Android, PC, iOS, iPadOS, and Mac operating systems|
|Langrisser Mobile||Game Trend of the Year Award||January 22, 2019||Zlongames||Android|
|Azur Lane||Dengeki Online Awards 2017||May 25, 2017||Manjuu and Yongshi||Android and iOS|
|Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes||None||November 24, 2015||Capital Games and EA Mobile||Android, iOS, and iPadOS|
|Dragon Ball Legends||None||May 17, 2018||BNE Entertainment and Dimps||Android and iOS|
|Genshin Impact||Best Mobile Game||September 28, 2020||miHoYo||GeForce Now, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Android, iOS, and PC|
What Is A Gacha Game?
One of the most popular categories of games is definitely the gacha games. Gacha games are best for any age group and have an immersive gameplay experience. These games encourage the players to spend in-game currency and get items virtually as they complete quests and missions. Most of these items include cards or gems.
Getting the characters in a gacha game is a process of its own. The mechanism is called the gacha system and it is similar to a vending machine. You will get random characters when you spin, roll, or pull the characters using the in-game currency.
The reason why gacha games are so popular is due to the surprise element they have. Players find it extremely fun to collect different kinds of characters. Since they don’t know what they will get, it makes the overall gameplay more exciting.
Almost every video game player has played a gacha game at least once in their life. Furthermore, they are one of the top grossing gaming categories, and nowadays they are extremely popular across Asia. The gacha games were originally made in Japan and now are popular across many countries
War of The Visions: Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
Final Fantasy: The War of the Visions is a free-to-play mobile turn-based strategy RPG that happens in just the same imaginary world as Square’s preceding mobile game Brave Exvius.
The player will face a number of challenges throughout War of the Visions: Final Fantasy Brave Exvius. Because there are so many different ways to play and alternatives to choose from, it is easy for things to get quite confusing very fast. To your relief, a significant portion of the game’s mechanics can, for the most part, be disregarded as you get your bearings.
In addition to that, the Beginners Hall provides a comprehensive instructional guide for newcomers. 14 different quests that are meant to teach novice players everything there is to know about combat from start to finish. It is strongly recommended that you enter that pool first. Veterans will recognize much of the terrain, but there are a few unexpected twists and turns that are important to be aware of.
Each character has the ability to move and conduct an action throughout their turn. There is a wide variety of guises that actions can take. On the battlefield, players have a wide variety of choices from which to select, including casting spells, providing assistance to teammates, and even summoning the iconic espers from throughout the series.
There are a plethora of different currencies that may be used in this product, just like there is in many other mobile offerings. Those that advance the character’s employment level, those that develop the character’s potential, and those that improve equipment. It is impossible for me to keep track of all of them in my head.
- War of the Visions: Final Fantasy Brave Exvius has all of the elements of a gacha game.
- The story of War of the Visions: Final Fantasy Brave Exvius is incredibly well-written.
- The characters are very well-designed and have some very good writing.
- The voice acting is great, with notorious voice actors that do a great job of expressing the character’s emotions.
- War of the Visions: Final Fantasy Brave Exvius even offers an English dub for players that want to play the game in English.
- Has a wide variety of enemies.
- You are encouraged to watch ads to unlock rewards and the ads are way too long.
- The graphics in War of the Visions: Final Fantasy Brave Exvius are not the best, even for a mobile game as many of the character models during gameplay have low resolution.
- The UI can be a bit too inconsistent and lead to a horrible user experience.
- A lot of the time during cutscenes and in various other places you might want to click something but it registers something else.
Dragon Quest Tact
- Developer: Aiming
- Release Date: July 16, 2020
The mobile game Dragon Quest Tact looks stunning and performs wonderfully on virtually any smartphone that was launched after 2018. We don’t see many Dragon Quest smartphone games hit shelves, so we can’t really make a comparison, but the traditional Dragon Quest monsters truly stand out in this game.
The battlegrounds are designed with a level of intricacy and elegance that demonstrates a significant amount of effort was put into their creation. The actual strategic matrix may have a very simple structure, consisting of a flat battlefield that may periodically have congested rubble to impede your route, but the fact that it is on a level with strategic warfare makes up for its seeming simplicity.
Fire Emblem Heroes is the greatest game to use as a point of reference while comparing Dragon Quest Tact. The battlegrounds could be a little bit larger, and there would be no need to maintain armaments, but the game would still have the same retro vibe to it.
This is not an attempt to imitate a more in-depth strategy game of the kind that can be found on consoles and personal computers. Instead, it is ergonomically sound for the mobile platform, with the goal of getting you into and out of fights as soon as is humanly feasible.
The fact that it is a gacha game means that there is a significant amount of content to acquire. You have the option of scouting new monsters with randomized gacha picks or adding new members to your team during the campaign.
You are only permitted to have one instance of each creature in your arsenal; hence, in order to field a slime squad, you will need to ensure that you have access to nearly five distinct varieties of slime. All of the stuff you obtain, just like in other gacha games, may be put to better use by leveling up your protagonists, improving their skills, increasing their level, and improving your account rank.
If you’re thinking that sounds exactly like any free-to-play gacha game, you wouldn’t be mistaken.
- The monsters in Dragon Quest Tact are some of the most unique and strangely designed characters.
- Dragon Quest Tact has a relatively impressive battle system that heavily relies on strategy and tactics in turn-based combat.
- Dragon Quest Tact gives you many things and rewards when you first start playing to give you a headstart.
- You can play Dragon Quest Tact without being familiar with any of the other Dragon Quest games or lore since the game is very welcoming and accessible to new players.
- After playing for a while, Dragon Quest Tact might force you to spend money and shove paywalls down your throat.
- The loading screens after winning a battle in Dragon Quest Tact can be incredibly frustrating.
- There is a huge issue of power creeping up in Dragon Quest Tact, as many of the new S Tier characters are unbelievably broken.
- Developer: Superprism Technology
- Release Date: September 27, 2020
In Illusion Connect, developed by SuperPrism Technology, players take control of teams of animated show heroes as they battle horrors that pose a threat to the planet. As you progress through the game’s stages of real-time fighting in this strategic role-playing game and strategy game, more characters will take up the mantle.
The battle system in Illusion Connect will seem quite familiar to followers of the Mega Man Battle Network series, as well as the indie favorite One Step From Eden. The familiarity with mechanics gives it an easy learning curve, and that is why we believe the game deserves to be on the list of best gacha games of 2023. The gameplay is based on a 2.5D matrix, much as that used in Battle Network. When facing off against foes, competitors position their characters on the game board.
Each player has a graphical representation of himself on the board that may engage in combat. If the player protagonist is killed in combat, the game is over. If the player manages to take out the enemy commander, they will have triumphed. While you’re at it, consider reading our Illusion Connect Tier List.
Combat unfolds in real-time, forcing players to make split-second decisions on which tactic to employ. Some characters, like Nina, the chic hero of the game’s beginning, have the ability to attack three foes at once if they are in a line. The contributions of others, including mending and enhancements to both the offense and defense, are essential. The players each take turns placing one of their heroes on the board.
- The character designs in Illusion Connect are some of the best in Gacha game history.
- Every unit in Illusion Connect has different roles that are not too hard to understand for beginner players.
- The characters in Illusion Connect are very unique but they still have the same aesthetic, which makes them stand out and memorable.
- The visuals are shockingly good, with a lot of vibrant and stunning graphics.
- The main character of Illusion Connect, called Saya, is very good as a playable character but also as a written one, as her backstory is very relatable.
- Illusion Connect has become a very exploitative P2W (Pay to Win) game.
- There are several bugs present in Illusion Connect that are not acknowledged by the game developers.
- The difficulty can be a bit inconsistent throughout Illusion Connect.
Tom Clancy’s Elite Squad
- Developer: Owlient
- Release Date: August 25, 2020
The gigantic crossover title Tom Clancy‘s Elite Squad is a storyline of global espionage that brings together protagonists and antagonists from several Tom Clancy series of video games. The game’s name is characterized by the fact that it is a crossover between many of the titles.
Umbra is a nameless, faceless terrorist group that is inflicting destruction over the whole earth. In order to put a stop to them, the governments of the globe have banded together to assemble a squad that will combat Umbra and uncovers the truth about the organization.
Your elite squad consists of five warriors hand-picked from different Tom Clancy world subseries. Together, they make up your most powerful force. The only thing required of the player throughout these extraordinarily quick skirmishes is to keep an eye on everything that’s going on and provide combat commands when necessary.
The squad would maneuver, strike, and utilize their special skills on their own, giving us free will to carry out the battle commands whenever players felt it was appropriate.
- Tom Clancy’s Elite Squad features several iconic characters from the Tom Clancy Franchise that can be a fun to collect for older fans.
- There is a slight strategic element to Tom Clancy’s Elite Squad, as you have to come up with a team that has synergy.
- Tom Clancy’s Elite Squad has a decent amount of content, with a campaign mode that allows you to play through numerous chapters, a PVP mode that allows you to play against friends, and several daily or weekly events.
- The gameplay in Tom Clancy’s Elite Squad is a bit too simple.
- Tom Clancy’s Elite Squad is an incredibly repetitive game, with all the battles feeling the same.
- The story is also a little bland.
- Some of the crashes in Tom Clancy’s Elite Squad are unbearable.
Ni No Kuni: Cross Worlds
- Developer: netmarbleNeo
- Release Date: May 25, 2022
Ni No Kuni: Crossworlds has a quality aesthetic to it and genuinely appears like a fantastic release, that is, till you go a bit farther into the game. The game’s main flaw is that it requires too much time and effort to complete even the simplest of tasks. You can however use the AI Mode in Ni No Kuni: Crossworlds if you don’t like giving input every now and then in the game.
Players who have spent their whole lives immersed in this franchise will feel perfectly at home thanks to the game’s setting and aesthetics, which are reminiscent of the original entries from the series’ formative years. Also, read our Ni No Kuni: Crossworlds adventures chests and chest locations guides to get rich in the game quickly.
If you want to learn more about the characters, then consider reading our Ni No Kuni: Crossworlds familiar tier list. If you are playing the game on PC, then our Ni No Kuni: Crossworlds PC Controls guide will surely help you get the hang of keybindings. The studio Ghibli fans will truly fall in love with this gacha game and will consider it one of the best titles in 2023.
- Ni No Kuni: Cross Worlds has an amazing aesthetic that might remind some players of Ghibli movies or very old 90s anime.
- The soundtrack in Ni No Kuni: Cross Worlds is exceptionally good.
- The start of Ni No Kuni: Cross Worlds is very good and quickly gets players interested in the game and the lore., as the narrative at the start seems interesting and promising.
- The characters in Ni No Kuni: Cross Worlds are complimented by the overall visual aesthetic of the game.
- The character designs are very unique, which makes them stand out while being memorable.
- The gameplay in Ni No Kuni: Cross Worlds is not the best, as the auto-play function is enabled by default.
- The PC version of Ni No Kuni: Cross Worlds is made horribly, as there are no new features that take advantage of a PC and it is just the mobile version made available for a PC.
- While Ni No Kuni: Cross Worlds can get repetitive after a while.
- Ni No Kuni: Cross Worlds can be very unforgiving for F2P players.
- Developer: WFS, Inc.
- Release Date: April 12, 2017
Another Eden, just like other smartphone gachas, offers a summoning mechanism in which you can acquire ten pulls for one thousand Chronos Stones; however, acquiring those Chronos Stones requires a great deal more time and work. In order to collect enough Chronos Stones for a decent draw, you will need to travel through the main plot and finish the side tasks. Additionally, the gacha mechanic is not the best.
Even at its core, it is still a single-player classic JRPG wrapped up in a smartphone wrapper of the video game. You can really complete the game even with the random heroes that enter your party as you progress through the main storyline. This is because the game is packaged as a mobile version. Also, consider reading Another Eden Tier List.
In Another Eden, there really are no skips, no auto-fights, and no fast-forwarding, and in order to make progress in the game, you will need to put in a lot of time grinding and leveling up. In that regard, it’s a throwback to the past, and many players will really enjoy the sense of nostalgia it evokes.
- Another Eden offers many traditional and old-school JRPG elements that many fans of the JRPG genre will enjoy.
- The narrative in Another Eden is great and is very typical of an RPG game.
- Another Eden’s combat system is the usual turn-based RPG one but with a very unique mechanic, where only four party members fight instead of the full 6 members.
- The skill tree for the party members in Another Eden is very good and engaging.
- The PC port of Another Eden is not the best as there is no controller support for PC.
- Another Eden’s combat can be way too hard for F2P players.
- A lot of the main characters in the story of Another Eden that you might be attached to are not very strong party members, as their stats are very weak and they have low star levels.
- Another Eden has way too many grinding aspects to it, as your characters’ levels are not linked to each other.
The Alchemist Code
- Developer: Studio gg2
- Release Date: January 28, 2016
The Alchemist Code is a tactical role-playing game (SRPG) for portable devices that may be played for free and features in-app purchases. Gumi was the company that worked on developing and releasing it in 2016 for the Japanese market. Also, why not read our The Alchemist Code Tier List.
This title is an anime-styled strategic role-playing game (SRPG), and it will appeal to those who are lovers of Fantasy War and Ogre Tactics as well as those who long for Phantom of the Kill. Although it has a distinct plot, the gameplay is quite similar to that of the game that was just stated before it.
For story or event tasks, players have the option of building a squad consisting of four heroes, two replacements, and one buddy mercenary. The fact that each of these troops has a specific elemental type and a diverse set of talents that come into play during battles is a significant contributor to the game’s robust strategic depth.
Additionally, the combat has backside strikes, which call into question the movement strategy of the unit. The actual fighting is done on a turn-based grid system, and it takes place in three dimensions.
The character turn bar, which is located on the top left of the fight screen, provides assistance with the planning of our actions. In addition, we have the ability to alter the camera angle, quicken the pace of the battle, or even play it automatically.
The gacha mechanism makes more than sixty characters available, and the number of heroes available is continuing to grow. Collaboration events are one of Gumi’s favorite ways to include anime and characters from their many other products in their games.
It should come as no surprise, given the title of this game, that at the present time you are able to obtain characters from the Full Metal Alchemist anime, both heroes and villains.
- The graphics and visual design of The Alchemist code are very good for a mobile game.
- The Alchemist Code offers original Japanese voice acting for all of the dialogues in the game.
- The UI in The Alchemist code is incredibly satisfying, intuitive, and user-friendly.
- There is a good amount of strategic element in the gameplay of The Alchemist Code.
- There is a wide variety of unique characters and weapons in The Alchemist Code.
- While the graphics and visual design of the cutscenes and animations are great, the graphics during the gameplay look very mediocre.
- The Alchemist Code lacks a proper tutorial and explanation for certain gameplay mechanics.
- There are many bugs and server issues present in The Alchemist Code.
Tales of Crestoria
- Developer: BNE Entertainment
- Release Date: 2020
Bandai Namco‘s most recent attempt to create a gacha game centered on this well-known realm is called Tales of Crestoria. In spite of the fact that it delivers all of the heartfelt story beats and iconic characters that fans have come to anticipate, I couldn’t help but desire that it was a complete platform experience.
You play the role of Kanata, a small boy from a rural community who has firm faith in the inherent goodness of people and a strong desire to see justice served to those who have done wrong in Tales of Crestoria. Everyone who is born in this society receives a Vision Orb as soon as they are able to hold one.
These spheres serve as a kind of surveillance for law enforcement as well as a mode of communication with extraterrestrial creatures known as Enforcers. If a sufficient number of people pray fervently sufficiently to these Enforcers, then they will materialize and essentially execute any offender without subjecting them to a fair hearing.
- Tales of Crestoria features many notorious and beloved characters from all over the Tales series and allows you to collect them.
- The graphics in Tales of Crestoria are incredibly beautiful for a mobile game that is also a Gacha.
- The story in Tales of Crestoria is very well-written and does a great job of keeping you engaged throughout.
- Tales of Crestoria’s combat feels very dynamic because of the incredibly well-animated sequences.
- There is a PVP mode available in Tales of Crestoria which can be very fun.
- Tales of Crestoria is notorious for having very greedy rates for buying the in-game currency called the Gleamstone.
- Some of the costs are hidden behind scummy marketing schemes with the subscriptions you can buy, as an average paid player will need to spend up to 60$ a month.
- Tales of Crestoria has a lot of different bugs and glitches, with many visual glitches that can be incredibly horrifying to look at.
- The servers in Tales of Crestoria are quite troublesome at times.
- Developer: DENA CO., LTD.
- Release Date: August 28, 2019
The role-playing video game Pokémon Masters is a three-on-three brawler in which players capture Pokémon and trainers to add to their teams. Players also go through a beautiful narrative mode that features characters they’ve loved for years. Or, at the very least, I have cherished them for many years, and I believe that this is how they most beautifully present themselves.
It can be overwhelming at times to talk about the Trainers and gym leaders who have been staples in Pokémon for longer than I can remember. These characters are now fully rendered in 3D, and it can be overwhelming to talk about their territories, their Pokémon, their cities, and their connections with other Pokémon protagonists.
The fact that Agatha, one of Kanto’s Elite Four, knew Oak had been elaborated upon, along with a great deal of other minor character information that has been pushed to the forefront of the narrative. Before continue reading further, why not go through our Pokemon Masters Tier list.
Fans of the Pokémon universe will enjoy playing this video game based on the Pokémon franchise. It’s not just about how adorable Pikachu is, and it’s not just about the mainstream role-playing games—about it’s everything. I am not a Pokemon fan, so the game is not at the top of the best gacha games of 2023, but it could be different if you are a die-hard fan of the Pokemon series.
- The story mode of Pokemon Masters is incredibly well-designed.
- Pokemon Masters includes many of the beloved characters from the Pokemon Franchise.
- The attention to detail in Pokemon Masters is great.
- The combat system in Pokemon Masters is quite fun, while it is still turn-based combat.
- There is also a strategic element to the combat in Pokemon Masters.
- The combat sequences in Pokemon Masters, such as the big attacks like Z moves, are incredibly well-animated.
- There is barely any variety in the Pokemon you see in Pokemon Masters and, likely, many players’ favorite Pokemon is not even in the game.
- Once you have put a decent amount of time into Pokemon Masters, progressing further can get incredibly difficult and repetitive.
- Since the last update to Pokemon Masters, the game has seen a huge influx of constant crashes and online lag issues.
- Developer: Kakao Games
- Release Date: February 24, 2020
The Guardian Tales have a storyline that is deceptively straightforward: the forces of goodness go up against those of evil. However, in order to make up for its one-dimensional narrative, the videogame opts for a more comedic approach by not treating its narrative as seriously as it should. The game’s narrative is not without its share of humorous and pop-culture allusions, both of which contribute to the game’s endearing and enjoyable personality.
The gameplay that is featured in Guardian Tales is very strikingly similar to the gameplay that was featured in classic RPG titles such as The Legend of Zelda GameBoy series. This is because the gameplay in Guardian Tales requires players to fight enemies and solve riddles in order to progress through the level.
You have a control arrangement that is pretty standard for video games, with the directional pad located on the left side of the screen and critical action buttons located on the right. These action keys include keys for running, attacking, and special weapon moves. You have the option to modify the layout through the options if you do not like how it is now presented to you.
- Guardian Tales makes several different references to other games, anime, and even TV shows.
- Guardian Tales is self-aware and uses the simple story to its advantage by making humorous jokes that are complimented by the several pop cultures references spread throughout the game.
- The gameplay of Guardian Tales might remind you of some classic and old-school RPG games.
- Guardian Tales has a very simple UI that looks incredibly satisfying.
- The art style in Guardian Tales is very good, as it uses a pixel art style that has a very distinct aesthetic to it.
- Guardian Tales’ level design is incredibly linear, as you are not able to take any different or unique paths that would lead to a contrasting end result.
- Once you have completed the main story, there is not much content left for you.
- The PVP aspect of Guardian Tales is very strange, as it only allows you to play PVP at a certain time.
- After playing for a while and reaching world 11, Guardian Tales becomes incredibly difficult for F2P players.
Kingdom of Heroes
- Developer: Neowiz
- Release Date: Sep 20, 2021
The players of the Kingdom of Heroes take on the mantle of King Arthur, who is now entrusted with recruiting legendary warriors to aid him in his fight to save Avalon. You’ve probably heard this version of the legend of King Arthur told during elementary school, but with anime tropes thrown in for good measure.
In the beginning minutes of the game, there is some pretty great character writing, but by late in the game, the situations grow intriguing and may be skipped. Sure, the storyline is interesting, but I couldn’t help but feel they want to advance, even if it was just to increase my odds of winning the gacha draws.
To our good fortune, several of the gameplay modes offer paid content. Another of these is the Tower of Arrogance, a dungeon tower that has a fighting system that rewards players with more valuable loot as they ascend its many floors and challenges players with increasingly difficult foes.
In addition, there is player vs player combat and raiding. The characters are incredibly detailed, yet their appearances are a perfect reflection of who they are on the inside.
The incredibly brief nature of the narrative is the one and only issue that we have with it. We are aware that the majority of gacha games only have a few storyline parts available when they first begin. However, in my past knowledge of Brave Nine, there were a lot of different plot stages to complete, which gave the impression that I was playing a whole game.
- The story in Kingdom of Heroes is decently interesting.
- Kingdom of Heroes has a lot of content for you to engage yourself in.
- The designs of the characters in Kingdom of Heroes are very good, as they look stunning because of the anime art style.
- You never run out of things to do in Kingdom of Heroes because of the several unique modes available in the game, which is rare to see in a gacha game.
- The gameplay in Kingdom of Heroes is very bland and does not feel special or memorable.
- The story of Kingdom of Heroes, while it is very interesting, it is also incredibly short even for a gacha game.
- The costumes you can purchase in Kingdom of Heroes give a buff to your character’s stats, which increases the P2W element of the game a lot.
- The matchmaking in Kingdom of Heroes is not the best, as it adds to the unfair element of PVP and you get matched up with players who have spent 100s of dollars in the game.
- Developer: Oozoo Inc.
- Release Date: 21 November 2019
The engaging quality of Exos Heroes comes not just from the game’s striking aesthetics but also from the game’s deep narrative structure. It is a fantastic journey that takes place in a period when mythology, mysticism, and enchantment were prevalent. Unfortunately, the emperor Exestruk’s sword has been misplaced.
The adventure begins with the player boarding an old airship and flying around the wide globe in pursuit of it. Along the way, they are accompanied by ancient dragons who help them seek riches. As the plot progresses in a manner that is intricately blended with the gameplay, the fate of the world is in jeopardy.
It is actually what establishes the tone and keeps you hooked, whether it be the story, which is paired with outstanding graphics, or the method in which the player is taken through the whirlwind of people and bizarre happenings, which is also what creates the tone.
Because Oozoo focuses on RPGs, it is also the focal point of this game. The gameplay of EH combines elements of RPGs, gachas, and even some elements of strategy.
In a nutshell, this game has the time-honored and fan-favorite combination of developing your characters, putting together your squad, making preparations for war, and actually engaging in combat. The actual turn-based combat in the game has all of the trademarks of a classic Japanese role-playing game, but every other aspect of the game adds something fresh to the already exciting combination of genres that players like.
- Exos heroes have incredibly breathtaking graphics.
- The story in Exos Heroes is incredible and the narrative does a great job of keeping you interested in the story.
- The gameplay in Exos Heroes has a decent focus on strategy and stays interesting while keeping you engaged.
- The pull rate in Exos Heroes is great for F2P players, as the rates do not significantly go up if you spend money, making it a somewhat balanced playing field for both F2P and paid players.
- Players playing Exos Heroes on PC cannot log in using their Google play account, which means that if you play on both Mobile and PC, the progress will not be the same on both devices.
- Exos Heroes has NFT support in the game and many players believe it to be a scam.
- There are many performance issues in the PC version of Exos Heroes.
Cookie Run: Kingdom
- Developer: Devsisters
- Release Date: January 19, 2021
Whether you’ve experienced any of the previous games in the Cookie Run series, you’re going to be thrilled to see some of your iconic characters and foes make a cameo in Cookie Run: Kingdom. The advantage of this is that GingerBrave, Strawberry Cookie, along with all the players can all be leveled up, personalized with Toppings, and lead victoriously into combat. The familiarity with characters and the gacha elements makes it the best game to play in 2023.
During the opening sequence of the game, it is shown how a malicious Cookie was able to vanquish the five Guardian Cookies who were responsible for maintaining peace in the region. The years have come and gone. Since then, cookies have dispersed to all directions, and they no longer have a centralized government or a record of their past. You are the one who needs to make that right.
Cookie Run: Kingdom has two separate facets of gameplay: base construction and fights, either in the story mode or in a player-against-player setting. Building bases was the aspect of the game that most interested me, and I could easily lose track of time while putting flowers and other ornaments in the Cookie Kingdom that was rapidly expanding.
There is auto-mode gameplay. Although we often do not favor automation in role-playing games, we believe that players in Cookie Run: Kingdom will very quickly switch it on. The outcomes of fights were virtually exactly the same regardless of whether or not the player pressed the touchscreen.
Our healing class character sometimes used the healing skill even when there was no pressing need for it, and that was the only tiny problem we had. Before reading the list further, why not go through our Cookie Run Kingdom tier list and Codes.
- If you are a fan of the Cookie Run series then you will surely love Cookie Run: Kingdom, as it features many beloved and adorable cookie characters from iconic Cookie Run games.
- The graphics in Cookie Run: Kingdom are great.
- Cookie Run: Kingdom allows you to develop your own kingdom in the game and it is incredibly fun to do so.
- There are many rewards you can collect in Cookie Run: Kingdom, such as login bonuses.
- The developers of Cookie Run: Kingdom understands the community and the game very well, as they release constant new updates.
- The gameplay in Cookie Run: Kingdom is very shallow, as there is little to no strategy involved and each cookie only has 1 active skill.
- As you spend more time in Cookie Run: Kingdom you will start to notice there is a very clear paywall in the game.
- Cookie Run: Kingdom is prone to constant crashing as you clear more levels.
Fire Emblem Heroes
- Developer: Nintendo, Intelligent Systems
- Release Date: February 2, 2017
The tactical, turn-based fights are at the heart of Heroes, just as they are in each and every Fire Emblem game. You and your enemy take turns moving troops around a two-dimensional board, much like in chessboard; the objective of the game is to eliminate the opposing side’s forces.
There are several varied sorts of warriors available to use, such as axe-wielding knights, distant shooters, and mages with healing spells. Additionally, there are multiple maps, each of which calls for a unique approach. The feeling of scale in Heroes’ battle system stands out as the most notable distinction when compared to other titles in the Fire Emblem series.
The skirmishes in this version are considerably more manageable, and each map is formatted to fit fully on the screen of your mobile device. Your squad of warriors is restricted to just four people, which is quite a little less than the armies of its predecessors, which had a dozen people each.
The player can choose from a range of different game modes. Heroes have a typical single-player campaign with a narrative that is unsatisfactorily lacking, limited-time special maps, and asynchronous fights in which you may pit your squad against that of another player.
Read our Fire Emblem Heroes tier list and best unit builders guides and learn about the peak performers in the game. Also, our Thorr, Hubert, and Byleth guides will give you an in-depth analysis of the characters.
- Fire Emblem Heroes is the best Gacha game for you if you love grinding.
- Fire Emblem Heroes is quite generous when you first start playing it, as you get characters in every fundamental category of the game to give you a head start in your journey.
- The starting part of the story in Fire Emblem Heroes acts as a tutorial to teach you all about the game mechanics.
- Since the release of Fire Emblem Heroes, the developers have released several free expansions and updates.
- The main focus of Fire Emblem Heroes has been reduced to only taking part in the Aether Raids.
- The chance that you would pull a 5-star unit in Fire Emblem Heroes is incredibly slim.
- Fire Emblem Heroes has introduced a monthly pass and the game puts pressure on a lot of the players to buy it.
- Developer: Smilegate
- Release Date: August 30, 2018
Players take on the part of the Heir of the Covenant when playing Epic Seven. This Heir was fashioned by Diche, the Goddess of Creation, specifically for the purpose of combating the Archdemon. The other gods devised the Archdemon as a means of exacting revenge on Diche for the way she handled the aftermath of the murder of her beloved, Orbis, by shirking her responsibilities.
When the Archdemon caused the world to be destroyed, Diche would spend some of her power to recreate the whole universe from scratch after each occurrence. However, with each iteration of the world, she becomes weaker and weaker, and as we are presently in the seventh iteration of the world, we have given it the name Epic Seven to reflect this fact.
The players’ mission now is to put an end to the Archdemon’s reign of terror and get it over with by assembling a formidable army of Heroes. Also, consider reading our Epic Seven Tier List.
Players won’t be able to help but take note of the game’s one-of-a-kind visual style right away. The videogame, in contrast to a great number of others of its like, exudes an obvious anime vibe, and each and every one of the characters were crafted with extraordinary detailing.
Everything will give players the impression that they see an Anime with a massive budget, and the reality of the matter is that it contributes significantly to the overall engagement and mood of the gameplay. The game’s cinematics is all done quite well, and they contribute to the overall anime vibe that the game gives off.
In point of fact, players will be curious to discover more about the tale as they progress through each section, and the whole thing unfolds quite similarly to episodes of a high-quality anime series.
- The visual design of Epic Seven is amazing, as there is a very distinct aesthetic to it that looks close to an anime art style.
- The story in Epic Seven does not fall back either, as it does a great job of keeping you engaged and eager.
- The special attacks of a lot of the characters in Epic Seven have unique animations.
- Epic Seven is an incredibly well-optimized game, despite the very stunning visual design and graphics of the game.
- Epic Seven is very friendly for F2P players, as you can make a good collection of some very strong 5-Star cards.
- Getting gear in Epic Seven can be incredibly frustrating for the majority of the players.
- The PVP in Epic Seven uses RNG and it can lead to some very unfortunate losses or some wins you might not have deserved.
- Epic Seven does not have a lot of challenging content after you have completed the game.
Live Date: Spirit Pledge
- Developer: Hot Game Studio
- Release Date: July 26, 2020
The plot of the 2013 anime Date A Live is continued in the video game Date A Live: Spirit Pledge, which was developed by Hot Game Studio. The video game even uses some of the voice actors and scenes from the anime, in addition to using the theme tune from it. The video game combines elements of a dating simulation and a beat ’em up, a combination that it pulls off with variable degrees of effectiveness.
The gameplay of Date A Live: Spirit Pledge is completely free, but you may spend real money on additional females and aesthetics if you so want. The narrative is broken up into parts, and each chapter focuses on a different player character from the game. Each chapter is broken up into sections, and the last one of each section is either a romance or a fight.
During battles, you will frequently be tasked with accomplishing particular goals, like holding out for a predetermined length of time or vanquishing monsters. Your skills are extremely potent, but their cooldown periods vary greatly.
- Date A Live: Spirit Pledge can be a must-play game for players that are fans of the original anime series.
- Date A Live: Spirit Pledge is one of the most unique Gacha games available to download right now, not only is it an action RPG but also a dating simulator at the same time.
- The story of Date A Live: Spirit Pledge is told like a visual novel.
- The gameplay in Date A Live: Spirit Pledge is very fun since it follows the traditional beat ’em up combat.
- If you want to unlock your favorite girl in Date A Live: Spirit Pledge, you might be forced to spend some money.
- The pacing of the battles might be a bit too slow for some players’ liking.
- The online servers in Date A Live: Spirit Pledge is not the best.
- There are several loading screens spread throughout Date A Live: Spirit Pledge that can be incredibly frustrating to sit through.
Awaken Chaos Era
- Developer: Century Games
- Release Date: January 17, 2022
The mobile role-playing game Awaken: Chaos Era is completely free to play and actually occurs in a fantastical universe in which a war is raging between both the forces of good and evil. You are the savior that this nation so sorely requires, and it is up to how you want to bring a stop to the conflict.
The game gives people the option to play as one of four distinct classes: a warrior, a mage, a priest, or an assassin. In addition, the player can select their character’s species from one of four available options: human, elf, dwarf, orc.
Nevertheless, this does not indicate that the battle is going to be a short one. You have to remain resolute, always seek deeper, and be unwilling to give up if you want to succeed.
The premise of Awaken: Chaos Era is rather straightforward and features a combination of tactical fighting and exploratory elements. You have the option of either collecting heroes, pets, crystals, and other items or exploring the environment, fighting foes, and completing missions. We played the game for how it unfolded the story and that is why we think it deserves a sweet spot for the best gacha games players should play in 2023.
- Awaken Chaos Era features visual design and art style similar to that of the west rather than the East which has an anime-like art style.
- Awaken Chaos Era can be a breath of fresh for many players looking to immerse themselves in a different visual design.
- The graphics in Awaken Chaos Era are great, as they consist of amazing environments and greatly detailed character models.
- Awaken Chaos Era has an endless amount of content.
- While Awaken Chaos has a decent amount of strategic element to the gameplay.
- The UI in Awaken Chaos Era is designed to give you the incentive to be constantly spending money on the game.
- The story of Awaken Chaos Era is not the best, as the narrative is incredibly mediocre and offers nothing new to the table.
- The story mode is designed horribly in Awaken Chaos Era, since there are walls of text everywhere, including speech bubbles that you have to go through.
- Developer: Com2uS Studios
- Release Date: June 12, 2014
The world of SUMMONERS of War takes place in a futuristic fantasy universe, and war has been mostly supplanted by more civilized arena conflicts. Strong summoners who are able to exercise command over a diverse array of fantastic monsters are utilized in the struggle between different groups of people to choose who will have dominion over the land’s resource of mystical power stones.
The primary objective of the game is to amass and level up as many monsters as possible, and fights are the only way to get the necessary funds and resources to accomplish this goal. Also, why not go through our Grand Summoners Tier List.
Furthermore, players have the option of constructing, expanding, and enhancing their very own mystical base of operations. The videogame may be played solo, or it can be played online versus random people or with friends working together.
The game has a permanent in-game chat system that enables players to engage with one another freely and without the need for a filter. Players may also join guilds and participate in raids with other players. An in-game store allows players to make purchases of virtual goods and virtual enhancements using real-world currency at any point in the game.
- Summoners War has chat channels that are built inside of the game, they are surprisingly active and have many players of different skill levels, which can be incredibly helpful.
- The progression system in Summoners War is one of the best, as it has inspired many different Gacha games to develop a similar progression system.
- The gameplay in Summoners War is great, as there are several unique units you can use and there is also an element of strategy.
- Summoners War has a very big, strong, and loyal community.
- The visual design and the graphics in Summoners War are awful, they look incredibly generic.
- The animations during the battle sequences look horrible, as they are incredibly mediocre and there is not even a proper animation for when you finish your attack.
- Summoners War’s story is not the best, as it constantly fails to grab your attention.
Bleach Brave Souls
- Developer: KLab
- Release Date: January 15, 2016
Bleach: Brave Souls had to start fresh when it came to designing its gameplay, despite the fact that the game’s characters and plot were based on the original source. It is for this reason that developing the game as a 3D adventure is so crucial, and it is such a wonderful option in our opinion because nothing depicts the finest personalities in the anime better than 3D animation and locations.
However, despite the fact that it was launched in 2015, it is still extremely great in terms of how it plays or how it brings that animated vision to life for gamers.
The game was released during a period of time when all of these different categories of mobile gaming were only just beginning to shape and were not quite defined as they are now.
Despite the fact that at its core, it is an anime action RPG, it contains a wide variety of different types of gameplay components for this reason. Ichigo Kurosaki, the titular character, is a replacement soul reaper and serves as the guardian of everyone, and the game incorporates all of the other trademarks of the hero collecting genre. Additionally, notable characters from the anime are featured in the game as well, including Ichigo Kurosaki.
- Bleach Brave Souls rewards F2P players a lot through character-level achievements.
- There is some extra story content in Bleach Brave Souls that the fans of the original anime or manga will love.
- Bleach Brave Souls features almost every single character from every piece of Bleach media out right now.
- Bleach Brave Souls is a very decently optimized game.
- There are many glitches and bugs present in Bleach Brave Souls, with a lot of bugs that can make graphics look deformed.
- The UI in Bleach Brave Souls is horrible, as the menus are not very intuitive and make you go through so many stages.
- Inventory management can be a mess in Bleach Brave Souls.
- The PVP in Bleach Brave Souls is one of the worst aspects of the game.
- Developer: Lilith Games
- Release Date: September 4, 2019
A character-gathering role-playing game, sometimes known as a gacha, is the basis of AFK Arena’s gameplay. What this implies is that as you progress through the game, you may acquire different characters and put together a team of heroes to take on the game’s foes. That is, in essence, the most shortened and basic form of it.
The moniker “AFK Arena” itself is perhaps one of the contributing factors to the venue’s immense popularity. In contrast to the majority of other Gachas, AFK Arena gives you very little direct control over your characters. You will only have influence over specific parts of the battle once it has begun, and the combatants will engage in it on their own without your intervention.
To begin, you are free to arrange your group of heroes into whatever shape you see fit. You have the option of positioning them in the front or rear line, which will have an effect on some of their powers as well as the people communicating with both their comrades and their foes.
The next thing that will happen is that throughout the fight, their unique skills will be shown in the form of cards that are located at the bottom of the screen. Every single one of those will have an energy bar that increases in size as the battle progresses. Before going further, read our AFK Arena Tier List.
- The graphics in AFK Arena look incredibly clean, they have some very bright and colorful visual effects.
- The character designs in AFK Arena are amazing.
- AFK Arena is a very well-optimized Gacha game, as it can be played on almost any mobile device because of its very low hardware requirements.
- The pull rates in AFK Arena are pretty decent, as you have a really good chance of pulling a very strong character.
- AFK Arena will sometimes run events that will allow you to try out the very strong characters for a certain amount of time.
- The main campaign in AFK Arena is very mediocre and the game does not even try to do a good job of hooking you to the campaign.
- You cannot get to the end-game in AFK Arena as a F2P player, even paid players struggle to get to the end-game as it is incredibly unforgiving and difficult.
- AFK Arena might be a bit too complicated for some players since there is a huge number of tasks that you have to complete and they can be incredibly intricate.
- There is no skip or auto-play button available in the main campaign of AFK Arena.
- Developer: Tourdog Studio
- Release Date: June 17, 2021
In the strategy game Alchemy Stars, players navigate the field of play by laying down different colored tiles. The gamers assemble a squad consisting of five different combatants. There are a total of four elements, which may be found throughout a wide variety of characters and elemental powers. These elements are frost, molten, emerald, and thunderbolt.
Each component is represented by a different colored tile. The more identical tiles you can connect together to form a chained combination, the more powerful the special powers of the heroes you play will become.
The fight scenes in Alchemy Stars are not overly difficult. To put it another way, the ability to win lies in one’s ability to assemble a strategic team. Learn about all characters by reading our Alchemy Stars Tier List.
The primary plot of Alchemy Stars is supplemented with side tasks that may be unlocked. As a consequence of this, these are particularly useful for acquiring resources as well as additional benefits, such as hidden regions and regular events. As the players progress through the various milestone levels and chapters, more areas will become available to them.
- Alchemy Stars is incredibly generous to F2P players because of the amazing pity system in the game.
- There is little to no power creeping in Alchemy Stars, despite the developers releasing a lot of different 6-star characters since the game came out.
- The gameplay in Alchemy Stars is incredibly unique and no other Gacha game uses the system Alchemy Stars does.
- The story in Alchemy Stars is great, while it is told through text, it still manages to grasp a lot of the players’ attention and keeps them engaged.
- Alchemy Stars features multiple side quests that you can unlock and they are separate from the story mode.
- While the gameplay in Alchemy Stars is great, the auto-play mode is horrible.
- Alchemy Stars does not let you save in the middle of a stage or chapter.
- While the story in Alchemy Stars is great, it does have some moments where the pacing is very slow and the dialogue can drag on for no reason.
- Some players that like to collect all the characters in a game might not enjoy Alchemy Stars, as there are events that have characters that only appear in that specific event.
- Developer: Nintendo, Cygames
- Release Date: September 27, 2018
The story of Dragalia Lost occurs in the made-up country of Alberia, which is a world in which people and dragons coexist harmoniously. The royal family of Alberia possesses a special ability that enables them to shape treaties and agreements with these dragons and transform into them at will.
The plot of the story appears to follow the 7th prince of Alberia and a small band of party activists as they travel to establish accords with the fantastic dragons of the land. In the past, the royal family of Alberia has been able to form treaties with these dragons and transmogrify into them at will.
It’s pretty astounding how in-depth the devs have decided to go with this universe, despite the fact that the storyline isn’t exactly exciting; almost all characters, dragon, and equippable item does have their own tale to some extent, and these all play a role in the mythology of the game as a whole.
The voice acting for each and every character and dragon is also complete, and while the quality of the performances varies, on the whole, they are of a considerably higher standard than what is typically seen in smartphone games. Knowledge of all characters is crucial; therefore read our Dragalia Lost Tier List.
- The story of Dragalia Lost has a lot of lore that is told through text but you can skip it without any downfall, as it summarizes the part you skipped very briefly.
- Dragalia Lost is very friendly to F2P players, as you get one of the strongest units available in the game from just the story mode.
- Dragalia Lost has a decent amount of content for new players to engage themselves in for several hours.
- There are several events introduced in Dragalia Lost that allow you to get a 5-star weapon.
- The graphics in Dragalia Lost look pretty mediocre, as there is a lack of detail in the environments.
- Dragalia Lost does not have the best art style, since many of the characters look incredibly generic.
- For veteran players that have reached the end-game, there are only 2 things you can engage yourself with, such as the grand gauntlet and grinding the void for your monthly reset.
- Nintendo has officially shut down the servers running Dragalia Lost and successfully ended the game’s service on November 29, 2022.
- Developer: HyperGryph
- Release Date: May 1, 2019
Arknights features a really engaging narrative to go along with its gameplay, regardless of the fact that the gameplay itself isn’t too complicated. In the futuristic planet of Terra, which is both post-apocalyptic and dystopian, the gamers each take control of a Doctor.
There is sorcery in this realm, and the people that live there are humans from Terra, but a few of these have characteristics that are more mythical or even primitive in nature. The environment is also fairly severe, and natural calamities strike frequently, but they leave behind valuable Originium, a mineral that causes oriopathy, a degenerative illness, in the population.
As was previously said, Arknights’ primary focus is on the tower defense genre. Towers may be thought of as the previously stated people who are actually operators and members of your team. However, the blending of genres starts with these individuals, who are categorized according to their classes. Ark Knights is fun, addictive, and nothing short of amazing, and that is one of the many reasons we place it in the top-tier best gacha games category in 2023.
- Arknights is one of the only Gacha games in the world that allows you to complete all of the levels in the game with just low-tier units.
- There is a wide variety of unique units in Arknights and they are split up into 8 classes, such as Defender, Medic, Sniper, Supporter, and more.
- Since Arknights is a game focused on puzzles, you have to figure out the ways to defeat the bosses by thinking outside the box.
- Arknights does not have a competitive PVP mode, as such, you do not have the incentive to spend money on the game.
- Arknights is a very easy game to grasp.
- While the story’s lore in Arknights is great, the way it is told can be troublesome for some people, as it uses way too much text sometimes.
- The writing can be a bit worse during the start of the story and the game fails to quickly engage and intrigue players with the lore.
- Arknights features new banners that have exclusive characters that you can only pull from those banners, and if you miss a banner that includes your favorite character, you might have to wait up to a year for it to return.
Marvel Strike Force
- Developer: Scopely, FoxNext
- Release Date: March 2018
The objective of the game is to amass a collection of Marvel Universe characters for usage in a number of unique game modes, in which these heroes and villains alike will be organized into five-person teams to battle against a wide variety of opponents. Read our Marvel Strike Force Tier List and learn which ones are the best in the game.
Newcomers will only have access to a select few Heroes and Villains early in the game; however, with each passing day, they will get closer to accessing new, more powerful Champions, which will enable them to construct an infinite number of different configurations as they look for the ideal hero.
After two years, we are not sure we can confidently declare that the game is welcoming to new players. However, there is good news: all new players will be sent to a different server, where they may compete against other players of a similar skill level.
This raises the question of whether or not Marvel Strike Force is a pay-to-win game. Specifically, does the game need players to pay in order to progress? It is true that certain offers are excessively costly, and it is also true that some unimportant content requires a hefty payment, but it is also true that you may advance in the game without making any payments at all or by investing solely in Power Cores.
- Marvel Strike force boasts many iconic heroes and villains from all over the Marvel universe.
- The graphics in Marvel Strike Force are incredibly good for a mobile game.
- Marvel Strike Force is a very addictive game for new players, as there is a lot of fun content you can engage yourself with.
- There are several ways to collect your favorite characters in Marvel Strike Force.
- There is a decent amount of strategic element involved in the gameplay of Marvel Strike Force.
- Marvel Strike Force is one of the most expensive Gacha games.
- There are huge ads in Marvel Strike Force that are constantly shoved in your face.
- The prices of some packages range from 50$ to even 100$, which is outrageously expensive.
- The performance quality of Marvel Strike Force has declined drastically, with players experiencing constant crashes when they try to perform certain actions in the menu.
- There are several bugs spread throughout Marvel Strike Force that can disrupt your gameplay experience.
Raid: Shadow Legends
- Developer: Plarium
- Release Date: July 29, 2018
A few of the PC games that made the switch to smartphones in 2019 include Raid: Shadow Legends, and it has already garnered tremendous popularity on both the Android and iOS platforms.
The role-playing video game Raid: Shadow Legends is a turn-based tactical RPG featuring a gacha structure that lets players acquire hundreds of players, or Champions, as they are referred to in the game. The game’s single-player option presents a tale that is unremarkable and easy to anticipate, despite the game’s great graphical presentation, which is not something you often see in smartphone games.
The turn-based gameplay in Raid: Shadow Legends is engaging and really well, and it lets players experience at max five different champions that they may control at once.
In addition, the champions’ classes extend from low-level to high-level characters of varying levels. It is entirely up to you whether or not you want your team to consist of a diverse assortment of champions from a wide range of classes.
- Raid: Shadow Legends tells its story in a very unique and artistic way that many players might not have seen before in a Gacha game.
- The turn-based combat of Raid: Shadow Legends is great, since it introduces an element of strategy into the battle.
- The graphics in Raid: Shadow Legends are very impressive, even on the mobile version of the game.
- The soundtrack in Raid: Shadow Legends is surprisingly very good.
- The story in Raid: Shadow Legends is one of the most generic and mediocre pieces of narrative available for you to consume.
- The gameplay in Raid: Shadow Legends is great but it is ruined by the auto-play mode.
- The developers have integrated the auto-play mode in PVP where the AI excels at making decisions for you and winning the game, which gives you little reason to manually engage with the otherwise great gameplay.
- Like many other Gacha games that are hungry for your money, Raid: Shadow Legends shoves advertisements and pop-ups down your throat every chance it gets.
- Developer: Zlongames
- Release Date: January 22, 2019
Both experienced, and novice role-playing game gamers will find the gameplay in Langrisser Mobile to be instantly recognizable. It combines the traditional play of compact, story-driven strategic RPGs from the past, along with several amazing levels from earlier Langrisser titles, with the gacha elements of contemporary free-to-play mobile RPGs. Also, consider going through our Langrisser Tier List.
As the plot progresses, you will find yourself venturing forth once more in pursuit of the fabled sword known as Langrisser, this time accompanied by a cast of interesting and unique characters.
This entails making slow but steady movement over a globe map, but not in a sequential manner. Along the route, there are side quests and fights that are completely optional that offer a small amount of additional gear and experience points. Additionally, there are boss bouts that offer enormous prizes.
Battles actually commence with a stage of preparation, during which you get the opportunity to scout out your adversary’s troops and reorganize your own in accordance with what you find. Langrisser is based on the time-honored rock-paper-scissors concept, in which certain types of units are efficient against one type of their enemy but ineffectual against the other type of their opponent.
- Players that are not familiar with the Langrisser franchise can experience the story of Langrisser Mobile to its max potential.
- The narrative in Langrisser Mobile manages to do its job and captures your attention perfectly.
- Langrisser Mobile’s gameplay might look a bit simple on paper but it can be incredibly complex, in a good way.
- Langrisser Mobile has several classes you can pick from.
- There is an exceptional amount of content and events available on Langrisser Mobile.
- The art style in Langrisser Mobile is incredibly appealing to look at.
- Langrisser Mobile has some of the worst summon rates even for paid players.
- Langrisser Mobile can be an incredibly tedious game because most of the content is locked behind level progression.
- There might be many instances where you cannot progress further in Langrisser Mobile.
- Your level progression does not match up with the enemy’s strength in Langrisser Mobile.
- Developer: Manjuu, Yongshi
- Release Date: May 25, 2017
The primary mode of interaction in Azur Lane is combat, and there is a great deal of bloodshed to go around. The players construct a number of different fleets, each of which consists of two teams: a vanguard at the front and a major fleet backing them from the back.
Your main fleet comprises battleships, battlecruisers, and aircraft carriers that provide artillery fire and air support. Meanwhile, your vanguard comprises destroyers, light and heavy cruisers that conduct most of the firing.
When you are constructing your fleet, you have the choice of completing story missions, daily special missions, exercises versus other players, or event stages, depending on whether or not a particular event is currently being held. Our Azur Lane Tier List will give you an insight into all characters.
During the story and event levels, you will be placed on a map, and it will be up to you to decide whose fleets you will eliminate on your route to the opposing flagship.
- The visual design of Azur Lane is one of the best aspects of the game, as it features a great art style that is very memorable and has a distinct aesthetic to it.
- Azur Lane is notorious for its character designs, especially the female characters.
- Azur Lane has some incredibly detailed art with some very distinct characters that all look very attractive.
- The music in Azure Lane is incredible and one of the best out of many Gacha games.
- The narrative of Azure Lane is quite interesting and unique at the same time.
- There is a second aspect to the gameplay called the pseudo dating sim, where you can increase your relationship bar with cute anime girls and make them fall in love with you.
- Azur Lane has some very famous Japanese voice actors for its anime girls, with voices from notorious anime like Attack on Titan, My Hero Academia, Gintama, and many more.
- Azure Lane sometimes can take it a bit too far with its fan service, which some players enjoy but a lot of the unsuspecting players might be put off by it.
- Overall, Azur Lane is a very repetitive game.
- Azur Lane’s story mode consists of mostly visual novel storytelling, which is not the best as the story is so awful that the scenes can be a very huge pain to sit through.
Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
- Developer: Capital Games, EA Mobile
- Release Date: November 24, 2015
The mobile game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes is a role-playing game (RPG) that is available for both the Android and Apple operating systems. Players may acquire their beloved Heroes And villains through completing challenges inside the game, getting involved in special events, obtaining them by luck, or acquiring them through the in-game store by procuring crystals for actual money in order to swap for shards of the heroes and villains.
The large number of recognizable Fictional Characters that can be found in Galaxy of Heroes was one of the elements that hooked me to the game. Each playable persona possesses unique skills that, if discovered, may be accessed and further honed to reflect the tastes of the specific player.
The battle system in Galaxy of Heroes is a traditional turn-based role-playing game setup. The characters are classified based on whether they are aligned with the Light or Dark Side of the Force.
The player chooses five different characters to take into combat. It’s possible that the character’s power and strength will increase if they’re grouped together, but this will depend on which characters the player has to send into battle. Also, read our the best Teams In Star Wars Galaxy Of Heroes guide & learn about the best team compositions.
As a die-hard Star Wars fan, the gacha element in Galaxy of Heroes just makes this installment perfect, and if you love gacha plus Star Wars theme, then you will definitely find the game in the best gacha games fans should play in 2023.
- There is a huge nostalgia factor involved in Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, as the audio design is very accurate to the classic Star Wars sounds.
- If you are a fan of the Star Wars universe, then you are bound to love Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, as it features some very iconic characters.
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes is a very well-optimized game.
- There is an insane amount of characters you can collect in Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes.
- The graphics and art style of Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes are incredibly disappointing for many players.
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes feels like a very cheap attempt at making some quick cash.
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes does not do a good job of maintaining your interest.
Dragon Ball Legends
- Developer: BNE Entertainment, Dimps
- Release Date: May 17, 2018
The video game Dragon Ball Legends is based on an anime. If you are searching for a new game to play, we highly recommend picking this one up. It features a plot, as well as action aspects and riddles. It is a very enjoyable game. It also provides a great deal of entertainment. You may play the game by yourself or with multiple players at the same time.
The game may be played in a couple of different ways. There is a single-player mode, as well as a multiplayer mode. You are able to build your own character when playing in alone mode. You have the option of giving your character a name, choosing their gender, and customizing their look. In addition, you have the ability to select both your class and your preferred method of combat.
We now have a much better understanding of how the game was developed as a result of a recent interview that was conducted with Gamelab. The game has grown fairly popular as a mobile game over the past few months. Also, consider going through our Dragon Ball Legends Tier List.
- The graphics in Dragon Ball Legends are amazing for a mobile game.
- The optimization for Dragon Ball Legends is mind-blowing, as the game runs incredibly well on all sorts of mobile devices.
- Dragon Ball Legends is the perfect game for Dragon Ball Fans who lack a strong PC or a console.
- Dragon Ball Legends contains almost every single character from the Dragon Ball universe.
- The story in Dragon Ball Legends is pretty decent.
- The gameplay in Dragon Ball Legends is one of the best, if not the best out of any Gacha game.
- Dragon Ball Legends is one of the only Gacha games in the world with an active eSports scene.
- While the story of Dragon Ball Legends is great, it is told through still images and a lot of text.
- There are constant balancing issues in the PVP mode of Dragon Ball Legends.
- The co-op mode of Dragon Ball Legends is incredibly repetitive and not fun at all.
- Developer: miHoYo, Shanghai Miha Touring Film Technology Co., Ltd.
- Release Date: September 28, 2020
Genshin Impact has caused quite a commotion in the gaming industry, and ever since it was released, it has served as a stepping stone to professional success for a great many streamers and YouTubers. The game has become an icon and genre-defining, and that is why it stands at the top in our list of best gacha games players should experience in 2023.
In addition to this, it has provided gamers with the opportunity to rediscover their surroundings even if they are confined to their homes because of the current political climate.
The key challenges of Genshin may be completed with free characters. Players that put forth the effort may advance the narrative, finish world quests, and fulfill daily commissions without spending any real money. If you do so, you should be rewarded with a sufficient amount of in-game cash to enable you to sometimes pull for paid characters.
However, even if you don’t put any money into the game, it’s still considered a gamble. Players need to be aware of how much money they are spending, as is the case with any mechanic of this nature. It is imperative that you do not allow yourself to be enticed by a possible male or female anime character that you cannot genuinely purchase.
Our Genshin Impact Tier List ranks all characters from best to worst, so make sure you read our guide. Other than that, you can read our best artifacts and weapons tier list to learn further about the game.
That is pretty much everything you need to know about the top-tier and best Gacha games released up till 2023. Which one is your favorite from our list? If you ask us the three best ones, we will not hesitate to name Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, Marvel Strike Force, and Genshin Impact. Let us know more of your thoughts in the comments section below.
- Genshin Impact has possibly the best graphics out of any Gacha game, as they are stunningly beautiful.
- The gameplay in Genshin Impact is very easy to understand for players of all skill levels and the combat is very simple.
- Genshin Impact has a cross-platform play that allows you to play with players on other platforms.
- Genshin Impact’s graphics do not take much of a hit when playing on a mobile device.
- Genshin Impact has a great incentive to spend money to get your favorite character.
- The pull rates in Genshin Impact can be very unforgiving a lot of the time.
- Some of the major quests in Genshin Impact have dialogue that you cannot skip and it can last from 10 minutes up to 25 minutes, which can be incredibly frustrating for players that are not interested in the lore.
- The end-game of Genshin Impact is unfortunately very dull, as there is not much to do after completing all the main quests except doing the same daily tasks and grinding for primogems or artifacts.
Was this article helpful?
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍