Microsoft has released a new build (2305.230410-2200) for members of the Xbox Insider program in alpha color. It includes a number of new features and improvements, including a way for users to identify others in Discord Voice via their Xbox GamerTags, and more.
The full changelog is below:
New features and experiences
We have exciting news! Alpha users can expect something new in their Xbox update preview.
- A new version of the Xbox Wireless Controller firmware that includes various bug fixes is available starting today.
- When chatting in Discord Voice on your Xbox, you can now see the gamertags of other Discord users who have linked Xbox accounts. This will make it easier to add each other as Xbox friends and send each other Xbox game invites.
- Note: Your gamertag will only be visible to other Discord users if your Discord settings allow it. To view or change this setting, open the Discord app, and go to User Settings > Connections > Xbox > “Display on profile”. Setting this to “on” will show your gamertag to other Discord users. Setting it to “off” will hide your gamertag.
Language and Location – Input
- You can now choose specific keyboard layouts for physical Japanese, Chinese, and Korean keyboards. For example, you can choose between a 106/109 keyboard layout for Japanese or a 101/102 English keyboard layout.
- Starting today, finding rewards is easy! Game Pass searches in your profile are moving from the Gaming tab to your Rewards tab. You can also get to them quickly by pressing the Xbox button to open the guide, choose Profile & System, choose your profile, then choose My Rewards.
Thanks to the hard work of Xbox engineers, we’re happy to announce that the following fixes have been implemented for this build:
- Fixed an issue where Dolby Atmos audio could have too much rear channel bias when watching some streaming content.
My Games and Apps
- Fixed an issue installing or launching some titles with error 0x87e1000c.
Parties and chats
- Fixes to deal with an unexpected semi-transparent background that would appear above the virtual keyboard in some situations.
- Various updates to correctly reflect local languages in the console.
- Note: Users participating in the preview can see “strange” text throughout the console for more information. go here.
We understand that some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These items are not being ignored, but it will take more time for Xbox engineers to find a solution.
- We have received reports of users experiencing intermittent issues with audio in the dashboard, games and apps.
- Note: If you encounter issues with the audio, please submit feedback immediately by reporting a problem with the “Replay with advanced evaluation” option.
- Select the category “Console Experiences” then “Console Audio Output Issues” and add the following information:
- When did the problem start? After the console update, restart, restart, etc.
- Did you just lose audio in game/app or system audio?
- Does changing the audio format solve the problem? If yes, what was the shape before and after?
- Does rebooting fix the problem?
- What does your setup look like? Equipment, layout, etc
- and any additional information you can provide to reproduce the problem.
My Games and Apps
- Titles in the collection may incorrectly appear with the “trial” tag.
- Some users have reported that the console is showing up at the wrong resolution on boot. We are aware and investigating.
- Note: If you experience this behavior, please make sure you submit feedback immediately by reporting a problem. Please include the make/model of your TV/display in the description.
- work: Restarting the console via the power menu (holding down the Xbox button brings up the power menu) should resolve the behavior. If not.
You can see the full Xbox News blog post. About the update here.