ShareX, our favorite screenshot tool that we recently included in our “Top 11 Apps for Windows 11 Users,” has been updated to version 15. ShareX 15 beta is now available for download with several new tools, UI tweaks and other improvements.
Key changes in ShareX 15 beta are:
- A new dark theme (the old one was renamed to “Night”).
- A new “Pin to Screen” tool that lets you place a screenshot on the display and keep it there. You can move, resize, crop and copy pinned images. Also, ShareX 15 beta allows changing the opacity of pinned screenshots.
- Improved Hotkey Settings window with new drop-down menus that allow changing tasks without opening the Task Settings window.
- A new “Cout out” tool in the image editor with four different effects: no effect, sawtooth, ragged edges, and wave.
- A new “freehand arrow” annotation tool.
- Screen Recorder now allows you to pause an ongoing recording and move the area when paused.
Full release notes are available. On the official websiteWhere you can also download the latest ShareX 15 beta build (users can get the app on GitHub, steamAnd Microsoft Store).
ShareX is available for free, and those who want to support development can do so. donation Using GitHub Sponsor, Patron, and cryptocurrencies.