At the end of each month, Microsoft publishes a list of all the features that teams received that month. As such, the tech giant published a tech community blog post outlining every new major update and feature that teams will receive in April 2023. This month, there are improvements to Teams Meetings, Teams Phone, Teams Mobile, and more. Interesting features in Meetings include automatic hands-down when the user’s voice is detected, ultrasound sound detection to eliminate the feedback loop, green screen in Meetings, although this is currently limited to certain hardware. is limited to
Many new team rooms and certified equipment were also added. The full list of changes is given below.
- Automatically lowering the user’s raised hand after speaking
- Ultrasound sound detection
- Video closed captions in PowerPoint Live
- Green screen in team meetings
- Federated group calling for GCCH and DoD.
Team rooms and equipment
- Audio Codes RXV81 Video Collaboration Bar for Microsoft Teams on Android
- Yelink Meeting Board Camera 6X for Microsoft Teams Rooms on Android
- Bose Videobar VB-S for Microsoft Teams Rooms on Windows
- DTEN D7X 55 for Microsoft Teams Roms on Android
- Q-SYS NC 110 Camera
- Q-SYS Certified Teams Room Bundle
- Aver TR313V2 camera, behind the room presenter’s camera
- Lenovo ThinkVision MC60 Monitor Webcam
Frontline workers and vertical solutions
- Microsoft Teams: Approvals – Sequential Approver Support
- App Geo-fencing
- Auto-install approved apps.
- Reminder emails for webinars
Teams for Education.
- Support PSTN dial-in, dial-out, and callers to meetings to join breakout rooms for DoD and GCC High.
You can read more in-depth about all the features in the Tech Community blog post. Here. You can also go through our own teams coverage here where you can find some upcoming updates as well as previously announced features.