Microsoft has released a patch update for PowerToys 0.70, which was released just a week ago along with some new PowerToys. However, some bugs were discovered in this release and so a patch was considered important enough to issue an update. It includes all the features from the previous release as well as a number of bug fixes that are listed below.
This is a patch release to fix issues in v70.0 to fix some bugs that we consider important for stability based on incoming rates. See v0.70.0 for full release notes.
Microsoft also added a warning about potentially disabling Mouse Without Borders service mode after upgrading to 0.70.1, the note reads as follows:
Warning: Service Mode in Mouse Without Borders may be disabled after upgrading and will need to be reactivated.
- #26142, #26439 And #26525 – UX improvements to the Peek and Mouse Without Borders settings pages.
- #26152 – The new PowerToys Run plugin for opening other PowerToys was missing some files in the installer and should work correctly now.
- #26235 – Pack and Mouse Without Borders process crashes in Event Viewer should now be correctly reported on bug reports.
- #26150 – The Peek shortcut is now captured only if the active window is Desktop, Explorer or Peek.
- #26192 – Users can now use settings to specify hostname and IP correlation in Mouse Without Borders for VPN scenarios.
- #24047 – Fixed possible leaks and/or infinite cycles in C# utilities using events.
- #26137 – Peek windows can be closed using the Escape key.
- #26181 – Made a setting for Peek to not always run high, so that it correctly handles files in network shares.
- #26318, #26373 And #26431 – Peek and dev file preview now support showing Visual Studio project common files and .ini compatible files.
- #26419 – Fixed flickering issue when loading code files in Peep.
- #26160 – Fixed a playback notification that would persist when using Peek on video files.
- #26243 – Peep now tries to appear as a File Explorer window on the same monitor that triggers it.
- #26133 – Small pack UI fixed at high DPIs.
- #26361, #26162 And #26478 – Less pack memory usage and potential leaks.
- #26246 – Fixed mouse without borders layout always reset to one row after some time.
- #26366 – Added a setting to close the Peek window after losing focus.
- #26338 – Fix thumbnails activating the mouse at the top of the screen when switching to another machine in Mouse Without Borders.
- #26470 – Fixed silent peeking crash when trying to open it from File Explorer with no file selected.
- #26261 – Fixed Mouse Without Borders issue preventing other connected machines from sleeping.
- #26454 – Disabled an outdated shortcut in Mouse Without Borders that was interfering with other software.
- #26517 – Do not remove Mouse Without Borders service on upgrade. This issue will still affect users upgrading from 0.70.0 to a newer version, but it has been resolved going forward.
- #26521 – When Mouse Without Borders detects that a service is not available, it will still try to operate in “no service” mode.
- #26524 – Fixed a bug that could cause Mouse Without Borders to click on a window on the current machine when switching to another machine.
- #26259 – Added a winget-cli configuration file for PowerToys.
You can download PowerToys 0.70.1. From the Microsoft Store using this linkwinget (as an administrator command prompt and enter the command: winget install –id Microsoft.PowerToysor Official repository on GitHub.
If you already have PowerToys installed on your computer, the app will notify you of available updates, or you can update manually from Settings. As mentioned above, you can also learn about the changes in the previous 0.70 release.