Microsoft recently announced a redesigned widget picker for Windows Insiders in the Canary and Dev channels. The new widget allows previewing a board before adding it and overall looks suspiciously similar to what iOS and iPadOS offer. Here’s how the new variant compares to what’s in our stable channel:
And iPadOS users have this:
The updated widget picker is rolling out gradually, which means some will receive it much later than others. If you don’t want to wait, the ViVeTool app (via @Revelation of the book).
caution: Back up important data before using ViveTool. Remember that using stable Windows builds is the best way to ensure that your system remains as bug-free as possible.
How to enable new widget picker in Windows 11 preview build?
- Launch the Microsoft Store and update the Windows Web Experience Pack to the latest version (523.11500.0.0 or higher). Note that the updated variant is only available in Canary and Dev channels.
- Download ViveTool. From GitHub And unzip the files into a convenient and easily searchable folder.
- press Win + X and select terminal (admin).
- Switch to a Windows terminal with a command prompt profile. Ctrl+Shift+2 Shortcut or by clicking the arrow button at the top of the window.
- Go to the folder containing the ViveTool files with CD command. For example, if you placed ViveTool in C:\Vive, type CD C:\Vive.
- Kind of vivetool /enable /id:43040593 And press enter.
- Restart your computer.
To revert the changes, go to Change/Enable/Disable in step 6 and restart your computer.
Do you like the new version or do you prefer the old one? Share your thoughts in the comments.