Intel has released its new Windows graphics driver for Arch with beta version 126.96.36.19982. Comes customized for the driver. Diablo IV And Street Fighter 6and also claims to boost performance. Total War: Warhammer III Less than five percent in the Madness benchmark.
Below are the release notes for the new 188.8.131.5282 driver:
For Intel® Arc™ A-series graphics on Intel® Game On Driver support:
Game Performance Improvements vs. Intel® 184.108.40.20669 Software Driver for:
- Total War: Warhammer III* (DX11) – Mirror of Madness benchmark
- Up to 4% increase at 1080p with Ultra settings
Intel® Arc™ Graphics Products:
- Certain applications using the Vulkan* API may experience application crashes.
- The Last of Us Part 1* (DX12) may experience application crashes during gameplay.
- Unreal Engine* 5.2 editor may experience application crash.
- Street Fighter 6* (DX12) – Battle Hub Benchmark may show lower than expected performance
Intel® Arc™ graphics products:
- The system may hang when waking from sleep. Recovery may require power cycling the system.
- GPU hardware acceleration may not be available for media playback and encoding with some versions of Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Topaz Video AI* may experience errors when using some models for video enhancement. Intel® Iris™ Xe MAX Graphics Products:
- Driver installation may not complete successfully on certain notebook systems with both Intel® Iris™ X e + Iris™ X e MAX devices. A successful installation may require a system reboot and reinstallation of the graphics driver.
Intel® Core™ processor products:
- Total War: Warhammer III* (DX11) may experience an application crash when loading battle scenarios.
- Call of Duty Warzone 2.0* (DX12) may display corruption on some light sources such as fire.
- Conqueror’s Blade* (DX12) may experience application crashes during game launch.
- A Plague Tale: Requiem* (DX12) may experience application instability during gameplay.
INTEL® ARC™ Control Known Issues:
- Using ArcControl Studio Capture with some games may incorrectly generate multiple video files.
- With Intel® Arc Control installed, systems may experience slightly higher than expected power consumption during sleep or hibernation.
- Auto Game may observe a “could not stop highlights” notification when stopping highlights.
- Camera on-screen preview may persist incorrectly when switching between desktop and overlay modes.
- The “Connector” type in the Display page may incorrectly show DP* when using an HDMI* display connection.
Intel® Arc™ Control Performance Tuning (BETA):
- Intel® Arc™ Control Performance Tuning is currently in beta. Thus, performance and features may behave unexpectedly. Intel® will continue to improve performance tuning software in future releases.
The driver can be downloaded from Intel’s official website. By visiting this link.
It seems like the Arc release notes are slowly getting boring. Early on, game optimizations typically had double-digit percentage gains and were even improving on synthetic benchmarks. However, since the previous release, the new driver’s performance improvements aren’t much to write home about. This may mean that the arc no longer has unused capacity.