Elden Ring: Frenzied Burst Location And Build
Elden Ring Frenzied Burst is undoubtedly one of the strongest madness-based Incantations. This is a long-range spell that shoots a concentrated beam of yellow flame toward the opponent. Like most Frenzy spells, this one causes madness buildup in both you as well as the enemy. However, this specific incantation builds up your madness meter much slower than other spells in the same class, making it ideal for continuous attacks.
Frenzied Burst Location
You’ll find the Frenzied Burst in the Frenzied Flame Village past the Bellum Highway near the southeastern region of Liurnia, one of the early-game locations in the game. To get to the highway, you’ll first need to reach the Main Academy Gate and Examine the northern seal behind the bridge.
- From the Bellum Highway Site of Grace, follow the road straight ahead until you spot the Bellum Church to your left past the debris.
- Take the Church’s Site of Grace and make your way back onto the highway to continue your path ahead.
- Towards the end of the road, you’ll encounter an enemy camp with several stationed catapults shooting at you.
- Rush past the camp, and once you reach the foot of the Grand Lift of Dectus‘ staircase, take a right and proceed up the hill.
- As you’re going uphill, you’ll see a giant Frenzy eyeball atop the building causing madness buildup.
- Wait for the eyeball to temporarily subdue itself to avoid any rapid buildup, and rush your way past it until you reach the Frenzied Flame Village Outskirts.
- Touch the Site of Grace on your left and go around the wall to enter the Village itself.
- After that, make your way to the back past the Frenzied Villagers and head up the gentle-sloped hill to get to the rear side of the settlement.
- Here, in the open field, you’ll need to look for a golden-headed Teardrop Scarab, which will likely be wandering downhill in the western half of the area near the Walking Mausoleums.
- Once you find the Scarab, kill it as quickly as possible before it disappears, and you’ll receive the Frenzied Burst.
Best Builds For The Frenzied Burst
As mentioned, the Frenzied Burst outputs long-range attacks with hefty damage and great accuracy. Most Elden Ring Frenzied Burst builds are ideally suited to Faith users as the incantation only scales with Faith. With that said, here are 3 ideal builds for the Frenzied Burst that not only highlight its true potential but are also extremely versatile, well-balanced, and powerful:
Build 1: Frenzied Flame Collection
Minimum Stat Requirements: Faith: 33 | Mind: 30 | Intelligence: 17 | Strength: 10
Equip Load: 29.2
|Primary Weapon||Frenzied Flame Seal||Golden Order Seal|
|Secondary Weapon||Heater Shield||Any Medium Shield|
|Spells||Frenzied Burst, Inescapable Frenzy, Unedurable Frenzy||Frenzied Burst, Howl of Shabriri, The Flame of Frenzy|
|Talismans||Radagon Icon, Flock’s Canvas Talisman, Marika’s Soreseal, Ancestral Spirit’s Horn||Marika’s Scarseal, Cerulean Amber Medallion, Cerulean Seed Talisman, Faithful’s Canvas Talisman, Godfrey Icon, Two Fingers Heirloom|
|Head||Ruler’s Mask||Haligree Helm|
|Chest||Carian Knight Armor (Altered)||Ronin’s Armor (Altered)|
|Arms||Carian Knight Gauntlets||Ronin’s Gauntlets|
|Legs||Carian Knight Greaves||Ronin’s Greaves|
For this build, we’ll be pairing the Frenzied Burst with other top frenzy incantations in Elden Ring. This will add a ton of versatility to your overall kit since you’ll have long-range, close-range, and widespread attacking options.
- Our preferred primary weapon here is undoubtedly the Frenzied Flame Seal, as it boosts Frenzied Flame Incantations while also causing more madness buildup.
- This makes for the perfect seal for an Elden Ring Frenzied Burst build, specifically this one, since our spells here only consist of Frenzy Incantations.
- For the secondary weapon, we’ve decided to take the defensive approach and go for a modest Medium shield, although you could choose whichever shield you like, given it has 100 Physical Damage Negation.
- To improve the scaling of our seal and incantations, it’s best to use the Ruler’s Mask, as it increases our Faith stat.
- Besides that, the rest of the armor can be whatever you like, and you can choose whether you want to focus on mobility, defense, or style.
- With a relatively lightweight weapon and armor set, you wouldn’t need to focus heavily on your equipment load.
The talisman collection here is primarily focused on giving you the highest damage output for your Frenzied Flame Incantations as well as providing a decent supply of FP to use them.
- The Ancestral Spirit’s Horn is a Remembrance Weapon obtained from the Regal Ancestor Spirit which can restore FP upon defeating enemies, making it one of the best spell-build talismans when you’re outnumbered.
- Both Flock’s Canvas Talisman and Marika’s Soreseal focus on increasing your incantations’ attack potency by raising their efficiency as well as your attributes, respectively.
- Lastly, the Radagon Icon Talisman can shorten spell-casting times, making them more efficient, adaptable, and, most importantly, viable in close-range and sudden encounters.
Build 2: Incantations And Sorceries
Minimum Stat Requirements: Faith: 33 | Mind: 40 | Intelligence: 52 | Strength: 10
Equip Load: 30.8
|Primary Weapon||Frenzied Flame Seal||Golden Order Seal|
|Secondary Weapon||Lusat’s Glintstone Staff||Azur’s Glintstone Staff|
|Spells||Frenzied Burst, Unendurable Frenzy, Carian Phalanx, Adula’s Moonblade||Frenzied Burst, Inescapable Frenzy, Magic Downpour, Carian Piercer, Greatblade Phalanx, Fortissax’s Lightning Spear|
|Talismans||Marika’s Soreseal, Flock’s Canvas Talisman, Graven-Mass Talisman, Cerulean Amber Medallion||Marika’s Scarseal, Cerulean Seed Talisman, Faithful’s Canvas Talisman, Graven-School Talisman, Moon of Nokstella, Blue Dancer Charm|
|Head||Navy Hood||Cerulean Tear Scarab|
|Chest||Cuckoo Knight Armor (Altered)||Mausoleum Knight Armor (Altered)|
|Arms||Cuckoo Knight Gauntlets||Mausoleum Knight Gauntlets|
|Legs||Cuckoo Knight Greaves||Mausoleum Knight Greaves|
- Similar to the previous build, we’ll again be using the Frenzied Flame Seal as our primary weapon for its insane buffs to our Frenzy incantations.
- As for the secondary weapon, we’ll be using the best Intelligence weapon in the game, making our build primarily focused on offense and ranged combat.
- The spells in this build also have a mixture between offensive close-range and long-range sorceries and incantations.
- Moving onto the armor pieces, the Navy Hood is a good choice to balance your magic and faith spells by increasing your Mind and giving more FP.
- Apart from that, the Cuckoo Knight set serves as a middle ground for weight so you’re neither too bulky nor too vulnerable against enemy attacks.
Like our spells, the talismans for this build are mainly focused on amplifying the best of both worlds. This includes strengthening either our sorceries or incantations or boosting both of them simultaneously.
- The Cerulean Amber Medallion is a must-have in our inventory since it increases our maximum FP, and we’ll be using a lot of that meter.
- For improving attack potency, the Flock’s Canvas Talisman is our best bet to making incantations have better damage output massively.
- Similarly, we’ve included the Graven-Mass Talisman to give the same effect to sorceries as it raises their potency.
- Last but not least, Marika’s Soreseal makes this build much more balanced overall by increasing our Mind, Faith, Intelligence, and Arcane by 5 levels.
Build 3: Frenzy And Blasphemy
Minimum Stat Requirements: Faith: 40 | Mind: 30 | Strength: 22 | Dexterity: 15 | Arcane: 16
Equip Load: 42.9
|Primary Weapon||Blasphemous Blade||Maliketh’s Black Blade|
|Secondary Weapon||Erdtree Seal||Frenzied Flame Seal|
|Spells||Frenzied Burst, Swarm of Flies, Golden Vow, Erdtree Heal, Ancient Dragons’ Lightning Spear||Frenzied Burst, Unendurable Frenzy, Beastial Vitality, Noble Presence, Lightning Spear|
|Talismans||Great-Jar’s Arsenal, Shard of Alexader, Erdtree’s Favor, Moon of Nokstella||Radagon’s Scarseal, Arsenal Charm, Warrior Jar Shard, Winged Sword Insignia, Two Finger Heirloom, Godskin Swaddling Cloth|
|Head||Haligree Helm||Crimson Hood|
|Chest||Royal Remains Armor||Scaled Armor (Altered)|
|Arms||Royal Remains Gauntlets||Scaled Gauntlets|
|Legs||Royal Remains Greaves||Scaled Greaves|
If you’re a Faith build user but like to keep incantations as a backup instead, then this build is for you. We’ll still be using incantations, but most of our focus will shift more toward our melee weapon. Additionally, we’ll be mainly equipping ourselves with heavy gear to make up for this build’s slower mobility with stronger defense.
- The Blasphemous Blade is widely considered the best Remembrance Weapon in Elden Ring and is among the discussion of being the best weapon overall.
- It has one of the best Ashes of War that not only has incredible range and staggering potential but can also restore a massive chunk of HP.
- Therefore, this Faith, Dex, and Strength-scaling behemoth is our recommended option as the Primary Weapon.
- Once that’s decided, we’re going to be using the Erdtree Seal as our secondary weapon since it’s the only sacred seal that remains consistently viable across all types of incantations with better Faith-scaling.
- Moving onto spells, we’re going to be much more diverse this time around, packing some of the best incantations alongside the Frenzied Burst.
- For the armor, the Haligree Helm is a durable midweight headpiece that gives you an additional boost in Faith.
- Besides that, we’ve also gone with the Royal Remains set since it’s the only armor that gives you a passive ability – slowly replenishing HP when your HP meter is low.
- As an alternative, you could also go for heavier armor sets if you can handle more equipment load without fat-rolling.
Unlike our previous build recommendations, the Talismans for this build mostly help you with the Blasphemous Blade. There are a few exceptions, but they focus on incantations as a whole rather than just focusing on or improving our Frenzied Flame spells.
- Instead of Marika’s Soreseal, which increases our build stats at the cost of more damage, we’ll be going with Erdtree’s Favor increases physical attributes like +3% HP, +6.75% Stamina, and +5% Equipment Load without any caveat.
- Since we’re going with a heavier build, we’ll also be taking the Great-Jar Arsenal, which tremendously raises equipment load by 19%.
- The Blasphemous Blade’s Ash of War is one of the strongest in Elden Ring, which is why the Shard of Alexander is easily the best talisman for it, as it raises the damage of Ash of War attacks by 15%.
- For our final talisman, the Legendary Moon of Nokstella Talisman gives us 2 extra Memory Slots, which gives us much more diversity with a wider array of incantation combinations.
- And since we want several unique offenses and support incantations like the Erdtree Heal and the Ancient Dragons’ Lightning Spear alongside the Frenzied Burst, this is the ideal talisman for this build.
Why Use The Frenzied Burst?
Thanks to their unique attributes, Frenzied Flame incantations have been a part of most Faith builds in both PvP and PvE. However, you’ll likely need to pair several of these incantations for effectiveness since a lot of them are strong in one aspect but noticeably weak in others. Fortunately, the Frenzied Burst suffers the least from this outlying drawback.
Damage And Stagger
The Frenzied Burst’s concentrated beam attack will only hit one enemy at a time, but you can bet that enemy will die in a hit or two with this attack. With the Frenzied Flame Seal, the Burst attack does almost double the damage of the lightning spear, another incantation that does concentrated hits.
Along with that, a clean hit from the Burst will also stun-lock the enemy, effectively freezing them in place. You can use that small window and land an extra hit or two. The speed of the attack is also considerably quick, so hostiles will often find it difficult to dodge the beam. The Frenzied Burst, regardless of your location, hits the enemy within a quarter of a second, making it one of the fastest attacks in the game.
Furthermore, this spell can also be charged up like most Frenzy incantations in Elden Ring. This makes it extremely flexible, and you can use it to either delay the attack to bait out rolls or have a better chance of making a critical attack on large, slower enemies.
Building up the enemy’s madness meter is one of the highlights of Frenzy’s incantations, but none of them are as lethal in this regard as the Frenzied Burst. Once you charge up the Burst, a direct hit will immediately fill up the enemy’s entire meter.
After being afflicted with the status effect, the enemy will lose a decent chunk of FP as well as HP. They’ll also be momentarily staggered, so you can then run up to them to land a critical blow.
This is another trait common among all frenzy incantations. Since a Faith user can branch off into several variations, madness is often an uncommon build choice among them, which is why most players don’t even know to counter it.
The only ways to alleviate or gain resistance to madness are by:
- Leveling up the Focus stat and using Focus-enhancing talismans and armor sets.
- Using the Lucidity sorcery or Clarifying Boluses that completely cure madness while it’s being built up.
It should be noted that these are extremely specific measures that help against madness builds. And since they’re so obscure and sometimes even require leveling up certain stats, most players will often forget to use them against frenzy spells.
That wraps up our complete guide on Elden Ring’s Frenzied Burst, covering its location and highlighting some of its best builds. As we’ve mentioned, this incantation has several distinct and enticing properties which make it one of the most versatile and powerful spells in the Frenzy class. In fact, this Subreddit Post discusses the incantation in detail and how it can become even better in PvP and PvE.
For more overpowered specs that cause status effects, here’s a guide on our Blood Build in Elden Ring. If you’re instead looking to make a specific themed build, join the dark side by checking out our Darth Maul build. And consider reading our Rivers of Blood guide to getting your hands on arguably the best Bleed weapon in the game.
Was this article helpful?
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍