Dead Island 2: Like And Follow Side [Walkthrough]
Like and Follow is one of the Side Quests in Dead Island 2 that can be only accessed after completing the last main quest in the game. After completing the quest, you will be able to earn a lot of important rewards Like the Nail Gun, 4000 XP points, and the Rare Ranged Electrocuted Mod. This quest will be given to you by Amanda and can be accessed at the Pier area.
Requirements For The Quest
Before you can start the Dead Island 2 Like And Follow quest, you will have to complete the 24th and final main mission called the Hollywood Ending.
In the quest, you will have to track down Doctor Reed and make your way to the red carpet at the end of the line.
- After that, you will have to get passed through a lot of Shamblers and Walkers and keep moving to the left.
- After successfully defeating all the zombies, you will have to make your way to the Re Aging Clinic Shop located at the right side.
- You will have to raise the shutters of the clinic and climb inside the shop through a small gap.
- There will be a Key Card Reader, and you will find the relevant key card under the desk located in the rightmost corner.
- Use the key card reader and go to the next room to locate a work bench and find a room where Doctor Reed was previously heading into.
- Keep moving forward through a series of passageways until you reach a door which will then trigger a cutscene between Doctor Reed and Tisha. You will have to fight Doctor Reed as well as the Reubenator in order to progress further.
- After defeating the boss successfully, you will have to go back to the helicopter, where you will also save Sam B from getting killed by Emma and save his life by giving him the cure.
- However, to look for Tisha, you decide to stay behind.
- As soon as you complete this quest, you will be able to unlock the Dead Island 2 Like And Follow quest.
Following are all the objectives you will need to complete to conclude this quest and get the rewards.
- You will need to clear an escape route for Amanda to leave, and you can do so by powering up the dodgems and attracting the zombies nearby, eventually clearing the way for her.
- You will have to electrocute 16 zombies to death by zapping them using electricity.
- After that, you will be required to catch up with Amanda as she flees and makes way for the Ferris Wheel.
- Then you will be required to interact with Amanda by finding her near the Ferris wheel.
- You will be required to behead 12 zombies in order to progress further in the mission.
- Now Amanda will leave for the Wrecked Octopus.
- You will have to run towards the wrecked octopus as well and Follow Amanda all the way through.
- As soon as you do so, you will be required to throw off 14 zombies from the pier to make way for her.
- This will clear the way for Amanda to pass through, and you will be able to complete the mission and game rewards successfully.
Starting The Dead Island 2 Like And Follow Side Mission
To unlock the Like and Follow mission, you will have to complete the clickbait mission first in Dead Island 2.
You will be able to access this side quest while the main story mission is The Chosen One.
First, you need to go to the roof area of GOAT Pen and look for Amanda Styles.
After speaking to her, you will be able to trigger this quest. First, you will be required to kick some zombies on the roof. I found that breaking some window panes will make it easier for you to throw off the zombies. You would just need to use the kick action to throw them off. Make sure to use survivors Like Danni, who have a jump kick option as well for the task.
- After kicking off the required zombies, you will then have to chop their limbs off. Make sure to use a bladed weapon and use it to cut their body parts off, aiming mostly at the legs and arms.
- You can make this easier by using a gun and shooting at their body parts to cut them off.
- After that, you will be required to burn down 6 zombies until they die in order to progress further. Make sure to have fiery weapons and throwables that deal fire damage for this side quest.
- Even if you don’t have the required weapons, you can use the fire around the area and burn 6 zombies completely.
- Then you can take out the rest of the zombies in any way you want.
- You will also be required to fight the Crusher zombie.
- Make sure to avoid its Deadly attacks, especially its punches.
- He will also use a series of Shock Waves to deal you heavy damage, so make sure to counter them as much as you can.
- Try to aim for its head and legs to finish him off quickly.
Going To The Pier
In order to start the mission, you will have to go to the pier and make your way to the Stop Souvenirs Store. There you will see Amanda at the store’s rooftop waiting for you.
She will need your help getting down, and you will need to kill a lot of zombies in order to complete the mission. All the while, she will record the whole situation for her fans.
- When you start the quest, you will have to turn on the Dodgems first, and you can find them through the quest marker on the map.
- In order to activate these dodgems, you will need to make your way to the red and white hut nearby. After that, you will need to activate a switch to turn these dodgems on.
- This will help you get electricity to execute zombies in Dead Island 2.
Electrocuting The Zombies
In order to progress further, you would have to electrocute 16 zombies where you previously activated the dodgems.
You will be required to electrocute the zombies in the Dodgems area using water cans nearby. You can turn on the electricity by going to the control room and pressing the specific button there in the Dead Island 2 Like And Follow side quest.
- However, before you go and activate the electricity, make sure to grab the water cans nearby and spread the water around the whole area.
- Make sure to especially wet the area near the live wires around the dodgems so that electricity travels in all zombie-infected regions.
- After that, you just need to go back to the control room and press the button to activate the power. If you have already lured the zombies there, you won’t have to make much effort.
- However, if you haven’t already, then you will be required to lure the zombies into the water to make sure they get electrocuted.
- Zombies Like walkers and shamblers will die instantly when they step into the water with electricity in it.
- However, any of the stronger variants and zombies will have to be damaged and attacked before they step into the electricity.
- Also, keep in mind that you will only need to electrocute 16 zombies, and they can be of any type, so it doesn’t matter if the stronger variants get electrocuted or not.
- All the while, zombies will spawn infinitely, so make sure to deal with them as well. After successfully killing 16 zombies by electrocuting them, you will see that Amanda has run over to the Ferris wheel. Follow her and go to the Ferris wheel and interact with her again.
Beheading The Zombies
After you have successfully electrocuted the zombies in that area, you will need to go to the Ferris wheel location.
When you find Amanda on the rooftop nearby, you will need to interact with her in the Dead Island 2 Like And Follow quest.
- After speaking to her, you will come to know that she wants you to behead 12 zombies as a part of a challenge.
- Now you will need a bladed weapon that can help you dismember the zombies easily.
- A good weapon choice for this challenge is definitely the axe, as it will help you quickly cut off the heads of the zombies.
- As you swing your weapons toward the zombies, make sure to always aim for the head. You will find a lot of zombies in that region, so you will not have to look around for one.
- I recommend targeting the weaker zombies more, as they will be far easier to behead than the stronger variants.
- The walkers and shamblers in that area will spawn continuously, so make sure to aim for their heads. Also, you will be able to dismember them easily with just a few hits.
- You can also use any other sharp maiming weapon for the challenge.
- Avoid maiming the stronger variants, which require more hits to get their head cut off.
- After successfully beheading 12 zombies, Amanda will run off to the Wrecked Octopus ride.
- Run after her and go to the broken octopus ride and interact with her once again. This ride will be located near the edge of the pier, and you will be able to find Amanda near a building in that area.
Kicking Off The Zombies
Now for the next challenge, you will be required to kick 14 zombies off the pier in order to complete the sidequest. This is pretty challenging, as the zombies will put up quite a lot of fight before getting thrown down the pier.
You will need to kick at least 14 of them into the water off the pier.
- Furthermore, you will have to kick them in a way that they die otherwise it won’t count towards the challenge objectives.
- A good weapon for throwing the zombies off the pier is definitely a bat. With just a single swing, you will be able to knock them off immediately.
- You can use other heavy weapons with strong attack power as well to push the enemies back and kick them off. Make sure that you line them up properly near the pier before kicking them off; otherwise, they will just attack you.
- Instead of kicking every single one of them one by one make sure to attract a bunch of them near the edge of the pier and start by kicking or pushing them and using your weapon whenever necessary.
- You will also be able to make use of the scream abilities or the ground pound ability to push them off easily.
- As the zombies will be spawning throughout, make sure to manage them by killing a few of them as well.
- After successfully kicking off 14 zombies, you will be able to finish the rest of them the way you want. As soon as you finish off the rest of the zombies, you will need to speak to Amanda for the last time.
You will earn rewards like A Nail Gun, A Rare Ranges Electrocuted Mod, and 4000 XP.
Summing Like And Follow Side
With this, I conclude my detailed guide on how to complete the Like and Follow quest in Dead Island 2. While you are at it, don’t forget to check out our guides on the clean and snatch side quest and how to get the landscapers key in Dead Island 2.
I have a detailed guide on the cable guy van’s key location and Lil Pimp character guide, where I have mentioned his stats, skills, and abilities in detail. Don’t forget to check out our guide on which pool belongs to Obi’s crush and voice commands in Dead Island 2.
You can also check out our detailed guide on how to unlock fast travel in Dead Island 2. To counter zombies throughout this quest, make sure to check out our guide on the legendary weapons as well as their locations and stats.
Was this article helpful?
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍