AMD is unveiled Its Radeon PRO W7000 series graphics card for workstations. The series consists of AMD Radeon PRO W7900 and AMD Radeon PRO W7800. They are described as the most powerful workstation graphics cards to date and will be priced at $3,999 and $2,499 respectively.
The main features of graphics cards are as follows:
- AMD RDNA 3 architecture – The new compute units share resources between rendering, AI, and ray tracing to make the most efficient use of each transistor, offering approximately 50% more raytracing performance per compute unit than the previous generation. . The AMD RDNA 3 architecture also includes optimizations for AEC, D&M, and M&E workflows for rendering, video editing, and multitasking.
- Advanced chiplet design – The world’s first workstation GPUs with chiplet design deliver higher performance and greater performance than the previous generation. It includes a new 5nm graphics compute die (GCD) that provides core GPU functionality. It also includes six new 6nm memory cache dies (MCD), each with second-generation AMD Infinity Cache™ technology.
- Dedicated AI acceleration and second-generation ray tracing – New AI instructions and increased AI throughput deliver 2X more performance than the previous AMD RDNA 2 architecture, while second-generation raytracing technology delivers significantly higher performance than the previous generation.
- Up to 48 GDDR6 memory – Allows professionals and creators to work with the largest 3D models and environments, edit and layer complex timelines using the latest digital cinema camera formats and with unparalleled quality. Features photo-realistic, retraced images. Professional applications that can take advantage of the larger frame buffer include Adobe Premiere® Pro & After Effects®, Autodesk 3ds Max® & Maya®, Blender®, Boris FX® Sapphire™, Dassault Systèmes® SOLIDWORKS® Visualize, DaVinci®® Resolve, Lumion®, Maxon® Redshift™, and more.
- AMD Radiance Display Engine with DisplayPort 2.1 – Supports the highest resolutions and over 68 billion colors, and features AMD RDNA 2 architecture and support for higher refresh rate displays than current competitive offerings. Display outputs support next-generation displays and multi-monitor configuration options, creating a highly immersive visual environment.
- AV1 encode/decode – Dual encode/decode media engines unlock new multimedia experiences with full AV1 encode/decode support designed for higher resolutions, wider color gamut, and increased high dynamic range.
- Exceptional workstation performance – AMD Radeon PRO W7000 series graphics cards compliment AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ PRO processors by providing the horsepower needed to handle creative, production and visualization workloads quickly and efficiently. AMD Radeon PRO Series workstation graphics and Ryzen Threadripper PRO processors deliver exceptional performance, reliability and stability to power mission-critical professional applications.
- Optimized driver performance – All AMD Radeon PRO workstation graphics are supported by AMD Software: PRO Edition, which provides a modern and intuitive user interface. Radeon PRO Image Boost delivers visuals above the display’s native resolution to improve image quality and resolution, while Radeon PRO Viewport Boost dynamically adjusts viewport resolution, frame rates and navigation in select applications. Increases performance.
- Certified for leading professional applications – AMD continues to work with leading professional software application vendors on a comprehensive application certification program, to ensure that AMD Radeon™ PRO graphics cards are designed for demanding 24/7 environments and Tested to meet exceptional standards, providing the ideal balance of performance and durability. . A list of confirmed applications can be found on AMD’s website. https://www.amd.com/Certified.
Product specifications are as follows:
|AMD Radeon PRO W7900
|AMD Radeon PRO W7800
(peak single precision)
Up to 864 GB/s
|Up to 576 GB/s
(Up to 80 Gbit/s
maximum total bandwidth).
|3X DisplayPort™ 2.1
1 Mini DisplayPort™ 2.1
|3X DisplayPort™ 2.1
1 Mini-DisplayPort™ 2.1
Retailers will sell the card from the second quarter with availability in OEM and SI systems expected in the second half of the year.