AMD today released its latest driver version 23.1.2 for its RDNA 3 (RX 7000 series) cards. The new driver, although not Microsoft WHQL certified, fixes a major bug that would cause a launch failure with a “Delayed Write Failed” error on Windows 11 version 22H2. Spokenas well as support for Vulcan extensions.
You can find the full changelog below:
- Support for:
- IREE compiler using the MLIR interface on Vulcan.
- Additional Vulkan® extensions. for more information click here.
- AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition may fail to launch with a “Delayed Write Failed” error message on Microsoft® Windows® 11 version 22H2.
- Poor performance and load times may be observed when playing SpaceEngine™.
- Missing or flickering textures may be observed when running Emergency 4™.
- Situationally high idle power has been observed when using selected high resolution and high refresh rate displays.
- Video stuttering or performance degradation may be observed during gameplay plus video playback with some extended display configurations.
- Stuttering can be seen during the opening game sequences in UNCHARTED™ 4: A Thief’s End.
- Stuttering can be seen in Forspoken™ when dynamic resolution is set to active.
- An application crash may be observed when opening the Premium Gold Pack in EA SPORTS™ FIFA 23.
- Stuttering can be seen while playing Sea of Thieves™.
- Corruption may be seen when playing Battlefield™ 4 with post-process quality settings set to High or Ultra.
- Some virtual reality games or apps may experience lower performance than expected.
- For some applications the maximum encode bitrate is limited to 100Mbps.
You can download the new Radeon software. 23.1.2 from AMD’s official website. Like its previous two driver updates, Adrenaline’s new release once again only applies to Radeon RX 7900 series GPUs and those with last-gen cards, such as the RX 6000 or higher, the latest driver is still 22.11.2 Released in November 2022.