At its annual Ignite event, Microsoft said it would launch Teams Premium as a preview in December. It has fulfilled its promise by launching the service for its commercial customers. Microsoft Teams Premium preview is now widely available with a free 30-day trial. Prospectors can try the service at no charge through the Microsoft 365 Admin Center.
Teams Premium is essentially an add-on within Microsoft Teams and has more personalization, AI functionality, and security features built-in. With the premium service, Microsoft aims to make virtual meetings more personal, intelligent and secure. The company has listed five features that Teams Premium users can try right now, which are as follows:
- Spread your organization’s brand and company culture into meetings with branding, organizational background, and organization-wide mood scenes.
- Use AI to make the meetings you attend (and miss) more productive and impactful with live translation for captions to overcome language barriers and intelligent recap features that automate Features generated chapters, AI-suggested action items, and intuitively enhanced recordings. Meetings where your name was called did not take place.
- To better protect your virtual meetings, apply advanced meeting protection such as watermarks, end-to-end encryption for meetings, and sensitivity labels for meetings to prevent copy/paste of meeting chat.
- Deliver a high-quality webinar experience through advanced capabilities to streamline event workflow with registration waitlists and manual approvals, virtual green room curtains for presenters (separate from attendees) before the event begins. Facilitate behind-the-scenes operations, and manage the attendee experience. They only see shared content and participants brought to the screen.
- Manage the end-to-end virtual appointment experience with advanced features such as text reminders, custom branded virtual appointments, and a centralized virtual appointment dashboard for at-a-glance at schedules, queues and analytics such as usage Displays and waits information for each appointment to keep track of key insights.
in this Official blog postMicrosoft also said that the features under the Teams Premium offering will continue until January next year. If things go as planned, Microsoft Teams Premium will be generally available in February 2023 and will cost $10 per user.
Microsoft has posted a detailed video, which you can watch above, covering everything about the new Teams Premium add-on, from discussing how to set it up to using premium features. Until your guidance on how.